In-Home Childcare Providers
In-home childcare providers offer care for young children in a family-like environment.
Through the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Children’s Hunger
Alliance assists In-Home Childcare providers serve more nutritious food, and create
healthier child care environments. As one of the largest sponsors of CACFP in the state of
Ohio with over 40 years of sponsorship experience, Children’s Hunger Alliance currently
helps more than 500 In-Home Childcare providers receive reimbursements for healthy
meals and snacks provided to children in their care.
Licensed in-home Type A and B providers in the state of Ohio are eligible to participate in
CACFP sponsorship. On average, providers participating in CACFP sponsorship with
Children’s Hunger Alliance earn an average of $708* per month, or more than $8,500 per
year! With an increase in reimbursement rates by 11% this year PLUS an additional 10 cents per meal and snack, now is the best time EVER to sign up for the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program!
Beyond the financial reimbursements there are many other benefits to sponsorship:
- Our friendly & knowledgeable staff provides training and technical assistance to maximize reimbursement.
- We provide free resources, menu-planning and recipe ideas, and shopping guides.
- Current and prospective parents will know that your center serves healthy meals by participating in CACFP.
- Easy, no-fuss claiming and timely payments.
- We offer Ohio Healthy Program designation for free Ohio Approved Credits.
- We Support providers in maintaining their Step-Up to Quality (SUTQ) rating
... and much more!
* Average reimbursement per childcare provider annually
“I’ve been a CHA partner for over 20 years. The reimbursement helps me financially and the nutrition training is invaluable. CHA provides resources and menu planning to serve healthy meals.”
– Amy Lister, Little Blessings Daycare
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.